Sunday, June 12, 2011

Week 22

Someone dear to me is having a baby in just a couple of weeks!


I found this old, old quilt in an old, old antique store, stuffed in a corner. (Truly.)
There is an obvious "mouse" flaw in the quilt,
but the other squares are an awesome example of very fine hand-stitching and hand-quilting.
So I have thrown it over the rail (after I hand-washed it in our bathtub)
so that I will glance at it periodically,
till some idea comes as to what to make of the remnants.
It is a very nice OLD quilt.


Last night was the Symphony in the Flint Hills.
Each summer the Kansas City Symphony performs at one of the local ranches in the Flint Hills. This year we were very fortunate to have the performance just twelve miles from our home!

1 comment:

  1. A mouse flaw... it looks more like something Lulu would do. What antique store were you in?

    I saw old quilts this weekend too, but they were at the Mingei International Museum (which is for folk art). They were 1920s-1940s African American "southern" quilts, mostly from Alabama.

    ReplyDelete